Thursday, January 19, 2012

Picking out Her Their Own Clothes :)

We have been letting the kids pick out their own clothes a lot lately,,,I always wanted to pick out my own when I was a little girl, but my mom was not quite into that kind of thing,,when I was a little girl I remember I use to tell my mom daily, "When I grow up and I have kids, I am going to let them wear whatever they want!!"  Almost every day was a huge fight over what I would wear or how I would wear my hair (even on my own birthday, I remember crying because I wanted my shirt to be untucked and my mom wanted it tucked in),,maybe I was dramatic, but still some things are just not worth the fight.
I have stuck to my statement to a degree, but if it were up to Stevie Joy she would wear her Angry Birds shirt everyday! Often, I have to give the kids choices as to what to wear because they may want to wear a bikini in December, hahaha.
For the most part, they have been picking out some pretty cute stuff recently :)


This is Stevie's new "face" she has been making recently, hopefully it's just a phase and not that she needs glasses, she has been squinting her eyes a lot!  We plan to get her seen with Neela at her scheduled eye appt in July *just in case.



Titus enjoying the "fire" in his turtle neck, ha :)


I could just eat him UP!! He's soooo handsome!


On this particular day we were about to leave so I told SJ to go grab a hat because it was a little chilly out.  To "complete" her outfit, she went and grabbed her pumpkin hat from her room,,,cringe,,,but I am holding to my "I will let my kids whatever they want" statement!


Ready to go...


This was taken the other night, he is all about these sunglasses right now 

 

these are some random pics of our spoiled little kitties


I want to be a fun mom and not stress about the little things and to let them have a sense of freedom when it comes to what they want to wear. However, I do not play when it comes to church on Sunday mornings, haha, they aren't decked out in fancy church dresses and suits, but I do like for us to all look hip, cool, and a little color coordinated, that's not too much to ask right? ;)

2 comments:

  1. You go! And remind me, as a stressed, not to stress when we have kids. Thanks in advance. And I love Stevie's face, though I hope it doesn't get stuck that way : ) And I want to play Cooties when I get there. That is all.

    ReplyDelete