Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Baby Shower

My sweet, sweet friends Emily and Ashley threw me a baby shower this weekend.  We decided to go low key since this is my 4th baby :)  We had the shower in the evening around 7:30 up at Ruby Tuesdays, and asked people to bring diapers, wipes, or gift cards (KISS,,Keep It Simple Stupid, hahaha).  

It was a blast, seriously!!  I have some funny (and pretty) friends!

AWESOME, YUMMY, DELICIOUS cookie cake for dessert with a Rocket on it!!


My super cool Rocket diaper cake that Ashley made


Emily made me a Valentine's one since my due date is on Valentine's day,,,such a cute idea!
and I am in LOVE with this book with the main character's name being Olive, how fun!!  Ems said that there is an entire series of these books, I am so excited to start collecting them :)



Left side of the table,,ladies hollar!!


Right side, show me what's up!!


I thought it would be fun to get a few pics of all the pregnant ladies that were at the shower



gotta love an action shot! ;)


Just the bumps!!




After taking some pics, we all ordered our food and played a cross word puzzle game where all the questions were about me and my family (so sweet, to include my fam too),,,it was a close game, my friend Brandi finished first but one of her answers was wrong, but the word she put still fit, so the next finisher was Kayla, who duh, nailed it :)

Our delicious food came and we chowed down and continued our girl talk :)  It was sooo nice!  Then after the food, while eating our cookie cake (best thing EVER), we did another little "game" where everyone went around the room and shared their favorite picture of me (they planned ahead and brought it in printed out to put in a little book, very thoughtful idea), and something encouraging/memorable about me.  This may be a shocker to most people, but I do get kinda shy when I am the one being talked about, but really the whole thing was super super sweet,,,a few people (*cough *cough April) even cried.  Their words were all so encouraging and sweet, it was a perfect way to spend an evening!

I am incredibly thankful for all my friends, they blessed me with some wonderful gifts and a great evening!  

Me with my hostesses


Love you girls!!!



1 comment: