Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Eve

We celebrated New Year's Eve with some good friends from church.  Their kiddos and our kiddos are close to the same age, so it was a lot of fun! We ate tacos and blondies for dessert (they were the BOMB), then we headed out back for sparklers and poppers

My girls were puzzled by the "poppers"


I love how they are making the same face here


Sam, their oldest


Eliza, their middle child

Stevie Joy holding her sparkler at a safe distance (my girls were a little nervous about them and did NOT like the poppers at all!)

Lucy, admiring her sparkler

Leader of the sparklers




These two were loving on Tommy!




while we were outside, we got lucky, and some other folks in the neighborhood started shooting off fireworks, the kids thought they were so cool!

After all the fun outside, we headed inside to play, these kids were full of fun!  could've been the chocolate cookies we made for them?? ;)


I thought it was so sweet, how they all wanted to sit together (Titus had already called it a night and headed to bed) and Lucy was taking a little nap in the girls' room, so we ~only~ had 4 kids to watch ;)







The night was a lot of fun, this was our first time having the James over, and they did not disappoint! :)  Liz is one of the most laid back women that I know!  I look forward to hanging with this family again!!  
It was a great new year and Seth and I actually made it to midnight (but barely, ha!).
I think it's so neat how this year the calendar starts on a Sunday, makes it seem like a perfect, full year, if you ask me :)  Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment