Thursday, February 16, 2012

Seth's Valentine's Date with the Girls

 Seth took the girls on a little Valentine's date this year :)  It was so sweet and I was so excited for them.  We think it's an important thing for Seth to show the girls how a real date should go, and I feel that it is highly important for little girls to feel love and admiration from their daddy!  Seth is not really into the whole father/daughter dance that takes place here in town (he feels like it's over priced, commercial, too crowded, the list goes on and on, so I didn't push it on him *too much).

Instead, he did something that he felt the girls would love!  

He did still "allow" me to get them all dolled up before hand :)




I gave them some freedom with what they wanted to wear, but if it were up to SJ she would've wore her same old Angry Birds shirt like she does everyday, ha!  Which is totally fine, but it actually was dirty and really did need to be washed!



Snapping a few pics before heading out...Neela was mad because she felt like Baby Rocket needed to go with them for their date!!
 


Stevie Joy loves her Daddy!!


Neela kinda has that "deer in the headlights" look going on here, but it was a good one of Seth :)




"can we go already?" 


I wanted a pic with my pretty girl and I 


While they were gone, Rocket was pretty happy and content in her swing 


So, I decided to give buddy a haircut,,just his bangs....


You can pretty much do anything with him/to him if he has the iPhone :)


I laid down the babe in her Moses Basket in our room, grabbed the baby monitor, and headed outside to enjoy some fresh air before the sun went down :)






Seth was so sweet to send me "play by play" action pics during the date!
Here is them leaving, he decided to take his car 1-to make it seem more like a special date and 2-in case of an emergency I would have a car





They went and picked up pizza to take over to their Nanny's house (since they didn't get to see her last time we went over there to introduce her to Olive).
Nanny got them little Valentine's presents,,,here is Neela opening up her "Backyardigans Guitar"


I adore this picture of Stevie Joy with her Nanny (whom she is named after, but Nana spells her name with an "E" at the end)


Nanny got SJ an Angry Birds toy,,,she has not let that bird get further than 10 ft from her ever since :) :)


After they finished they were hanging out for a little while, when suddenly Neela had a BIG accident (poopie),,,all through her pull up, through her tights, down her leg to her BOOTS!!!  AHHHHH! Dad to the rescue,,,they had to leave and go buy some new shoes because they were THAT bad, and thankfully, I had some Goodwill donation clothes in the back of the car, so Neela wore one of my old tank top dresses, hahaha!  
*side note:  when they got home that night, I asked Neela why she pooped in her pants and she said, "Because Nanny hugged me so tight!"
This girl is such a TRIP!


After they bought some shoes, they had no time left to go visit the baby duckies :( so they bought candy and headed to the dollar theater to watch Puss n Boots!


the movie didn't start until 7:30, so I wasn't expecting them home until around 9 or so, but around 8:15 I got a call from Seth saying that Neela got up around 30 min into the movie and said, "Okay, that was a good movie, let's go." Hahaha, and SJ just got up and went with it? They are so silly!  
The funny thing was, I was sitting at home feeling kinda down because my "big girls" were growing up too fast and were out on a date (even though it was with their daddy, but still!), so when they came home due to poop in their pants and they couldn't make it through the whole movie, I thought to myself, "I guess they really aren't that old",,ha!

They did have a great time on their Daddy Date and have talked about it a lot since!!  I am so thankful to have such a sweet, involved hubby!!  I love him!!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment