Friday, February 10, 2012

Olive Hope is Here!

 Monday night I had a midnight check in up at the hospital, Seth snapped this pic of me before I left the house (yes, I went by myself, I am such a big girl now),,Seth stayed home with the kiddos (we like to save up our babysitters).


That night I got prepped for my c/s the next day.  I got to sleep around 3:30 and woken up around 7:00, yuck!  I enjoyed my quiet time in the hospital, played around online and watched my Grey's Anatomy from the week before.  Aunt Susu dropped by for a little while and we hung out.  Then came the BIG TIME (they pushed me up a little and Seth *almost didn't make it,,,but thankfully he got there right as they were rolling me back!!).
The section went great as usual.   I got to have my favorite doc AND favorite midwife.  Seth was great at holding my hand and keeping my calm and happy!  The doc did assure me that no more "belly babies" (which we pretty much knew),,my uterus was paper thin and it would not be wise to get pregnant again :(  All good things must come to an end, but we are looking forward to the next season in our lives when we adopt in the future :)

Here is Miss Olive Hope:




7 lbs 12 oz, making her my smallest baby :)


different year, different baby, different glasses:


She was also our LOUDEST baby yet, she screamed the moment they brought her out, and the whole time in the nursery,,,,


Seth loves getting my "Demerol" face

she was quiet once she got in her mama's arms though :) :)

How precious is she!!!

meeting her Papa

getting some love from her Mimi

and back to Mama, to nurse

I love these little hospital hats for girls, sooo cute

Once I was doing well after the surgery, Seth went home to get the kids so that they could come meet their newest little sis (Mamaw was watching them for us)
Neela was really excited about her, somehow this pic turned out looking like she wasn't?


Stevie Joy LOVES her!!!

Neela roaring like a lion, just a special trick just for Baby Rocket!
 

Great Daddy with his sweet girls!


I love this one, with me looking on in the background ;)

Mamaw came up to the hospital too

My boys!

I was already missing all my kiddos, it was so sweet that they all wanted to climb up on the bed to sit with me 



Much to mine and Seth's surprise, Titus was the one most interested and pleased with her!





Not that Neela and Stevie weren't in love with her too or anything, but I think they were just sooo distracted and interested in a lot of other stuff too (like Aunt Megs) ;)

Who, by the way, was ever SO kind to drive all the way down from Augusta to come and stay with me in the hospital and help take care of the kids, we are forever grateful for our kids' Godparents, they are so awesome!!


Here is the beautiful blanket she made her in the hospital




Aunt Megan got this super awesome group pic of us all!  I was so excited, and it was so sweet because Seth said that the whole way up to the hospital that him and the girls were praying for a close parking spot and a great new family pic!   God delivered :)
My recovery was great and I healed rather quickly and nice!  The new *tip that I would add to my c-section tips list is that I kept a bottled water in the bed with me at all times and had nurses, visitors, Megan, etc. fill it up for me at the sink (so that it was luke warm),,I chugged this water allll the time!  I feel like having that much fluid really really helped flush me out.  I was able to get my IV out much earlier than usual and I felt great, like seriously great!  God is so good!!

Olive and I were discharged 2 days after the surgery and were welcomed home with loving arms and smiling faces :)  She is fitting right in and we love her so much already!!!



Photobucket

1 comment: