Monday, September 17, 2012

Visiting Nanny {and Duckies}

This past week we went and visited our sweet, sweet Nana (or Nanny as the kids call her).
We love Nana so much.  She is such a blessing to be around.
Our little Stevie Joy was even named after.
This woman blesses our little family so so much!
I really wanted to get a picture of one of our favorite women holding all our babes.


Titus LOVES Nanny!


I love the words of wisdom she imparts on me.  I try to remember them all as she is such a strong, Christian, loving woman and a great Mommy herself!  I want to be so great like her and let the Lord use me as much as He is using Joye :)

I really enjoy when people that I admire so much share life tips with me.  Here are a few "tips" that stand out to me from Nana:
  • When Stevie was born, she said, "She will do something new everyday and it will be so wonderful to watch her grow." I have remembered this and have always happily looked for it :)
  • When my 3rd kiddo was born, Nana said, "Now that you have 3 kids, your priorities will change and that's okay." I have stayed mindful of this for sure.
  • One of my favorites...."You have to be careful with your weight because you are so short, if you gain a lot you will just go out and out and out." ahahaha Obviously, I have been mindful of this one, I had never really even been told this before and I do try to be careful, lol. :-)
  • She has talked to me about surrendering and the act of surrendering to the Lord. And has giving me a wonderful example of this.  She is such a light!
She's got such a great sense of humor!


Nanny lives in a neighborhood that has a little pond with ducks in it, so we always like to go by and feed the ducks when we are over there.


The ducks are very people friendly.

Good for the kids, but bad for me (I am semi scared of the ducks!)



Titus:  "To heck with the ducks, I am about to eat this bread!"



Unfortunately how things go with Me and Titus, he cries, I tell some jokes and try to keep him happy, ha!


making the ducks do tricks for bread

                  



the lighting was really pretty, so I asked Seth to snap a few pics of the kiddos :)

          


he cheered up! maybe he was scared of the ducks too, like his mama?





It was another great visit with Nanny.  We love taking the kids over to visit her.  
They always have such a great time with her and Ginger (her doggy).
We look forward to our next visit with them real soon.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. My goodness what complements. The answer is your sweet family is so loving and dear to me that LOVE just floats all around each of you and I get the blessings. You all are just too
    awesome. I am so grateful to rejoice in the Lord with you. my love, Nanny

    ReplyDelete