Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Home School Begins

Up until now we have just done our own thing when it comes to teaching our kids at home.  Honestly, all parents in a sense "home school" since birth (but that's another story). I feel like I could probably get away with how I have been doing "school" for another year, but I thought it would be nice to have something a little more "structured" that would help keep us accountable.
We ordered Horizon (Christian preschool curriculum).
It came in the mail the other day.  I told Stevie that her "school" was here and she was S-U-P-E-R excited about opening it!!


I was so excited about how happy she was to learn!
I felt super proud that I had instilled this wonderful sense of  "loving to learn" in my daughter!


...and then she opened it! ha
For some reason, she thought it was going to be a box full of toys!?

Stevie:  "MOM! You know I only like toys!"
Grrrrrr Mom fail!

Oh well, she will love it.  Actually she probably will not even notice much of a difference.  We already do lots of written work already and she loves her little work books. 
We are excited about getting "officially started".



I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John 1:4

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love this! So amazing, you are such a wonderful, kind & patient person! You and Seth are such great examples of parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha stevie was not too pumped onceshe opened that box haha

    ReplyDelete