Friday, September 28, 2012

Our Engagement Story

I am participating in a link up with one of my bff's today, Emily, over at Journey of Parenthood.  
We are all sharing in on our engagement stories for Flashback Friday.

You guys should join the link up, it's fun :)

                                                       



Here goes our engagement story:


Seth and I were best buds! Like for real, we had the most fun together, and I loved being around him.


riding around in our  , I mean his 66 bus


He had confessed his "crush" on me, but I didn't think much of it, in fact I tried to forget about it all together really, because I just wanted to keep things the way they were, being his best friend!  
We were bestest bestest friends for a few months.
Then one night while helping a friend move into her new apartment, 
something just happened
and I suddenly saw Seth in a totally different way! I mean like literally one minute he was just my friend
and the next I liked him! Like liked him liked him! ;)
So we kissed!  
It was amazing!
And when you know you know. 
It was this wonderful, wonderful revelation!  
Goose bumps present, Holy Spirit present, it was crunk!
And we both felt it and knew it at the exact.same.time.

 {in fact, we currently re-enact this "kiss moment" all the time!)

Seth was pretty out of it for the rest of the night. 
He was in shock I guess?

The next day,we went to our friend Reed's house to hang out.
We were alone (somehow? I guess our friends were in the kitchen or something, not sure?), and so we kissed again! However, this time he didn't throw up or go into serious shock ;)

That night (and I am NOT kidding, he asked me to marry him).
He didn't have a ring or anything like that, but he did pick me a beautiful flower and it was very precious to me.  I of course said yes and was super super pumped!

I just happen to have a picture of us on the roof top of Reed's house:



We walked around town for the rest of the night and on into the morning doing silly stuff, like we went to a gas station and found out it was the clerk's birthday so we went and baked her a cake and brought it to her and sang Happy Birthday to her!  Hahaha, silly.

Seth baptized me at Southland church (about a month later).

Then we were married a few months later (at Southland).
Funny story.  This whole engagement thing was in August, and we decided to marry in March (spring break from college).  However, we were just ready to be married!!!!  So we moved the date UP!!  We ended up picking the date of January 22nd, which ended up being his dad's spiritual bday and his Papa Bob's birthday (neato). 

Our wedding was perfect, beautiful, and fun!


and now look at us (almost 8 years later, 4 kids and counting):
:
Happy as can be, madly in love, chasing after Jesus, serving His people, raising up these kiddos into disciples, still doing random fun things all.the.time, laughing hard, and enjoying the journey with one another!




I love Mr. Megow! Marrying him was the 2nd best decision I ever made.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Wow! One word for your engagement story is AMAZING! Blessings to you and your sweet family Crissy! Your story gives me renewed hope to believe that the Lord will restore my family and that we will have a beautiful story to share with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah I remember being SO TICKED that you got to be engaged before me!!!! Seriously though, yall have the best story ever. I love it :) and you :) and that last pic of your family :) and that you participated in the link-up :) you're such a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you know you know! And apparently you guys were very ready. I see your blogs and stuff quite often through Emily. This is a beautiful story and yours kids are all adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following from Emily's blog (and truth be told I've been reading for awhile now so my super secret undercover reading is now over!) You (& Seth) always seem to have this wonderful mix of spontaneity and grounded-ness all at the same time! Love your spirit as it shows through your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome story!! Love, love, love that last picture of your family. And I really love reading your blog (I check it out from time to time from Emily's blog)...glad for the link up to finally say 'hello' instead of just being a blog stalker! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, is this the greatest story or what!?! Loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete