Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sisters!

Oh, how I love my SISTER!!!

She's fun and crazy, like me :)


I always think of her as a blonde though



 She's bad @ss and was/is a race car driver!!


sisters are the BEST!!!  We had so much fun growing up!  We always had little puppies to love on, four wheelers to ride, pools to swim in, etc. (yea, my parents spoiled us with fun things!)


I also have two half sisters, that live in Jacksonville (where my birth mother lives), we keep in touch through emails and facebook often :)

This is the Jax crew


Also, Seth's sister is another sister that I have!  I love her so much.  She has such a kind and gentle spirit and she loves on and spoils my kiddos :)


Some of my friends don't have blood sisters so I get to be their "sister" too
(Ems, like the pic I chose to use of us,,this is totally our most recent pic together, I cannot believe we just had babies here, can you.. ha totally kidding, this was years ago!)


My sweet sister, April, I love her more than words can express, she played a large role in me turning my life around! 


After I found out I was pregnant with baby #2 I really really wanted another girl.  Most people would have probably thought that I wanted a boy to have one of each, but I knew we would have more and I thought that it would be sooo fun to have two girls so they could be super cute, close, sweet, fun sisters!!  

(I got my wish)


Sisters are so fun!

They are there to help push you along the way when you need it!


A live in playmate at all times!

Someone to sunbathe with!

Someone to share snacks and girl talk with


Someone to dress the same as:


Sisters sacrifice for one another and wear ridiculous things for each other just to make the other one happy :)
(Neela as the cat at Stevie's Cinderella party last year)

Sisters are kind and sharing


loving and sweet!




I love watching my girls love on one another and everyday they seem to get closer and closer!!  They do and say the sweetest things, yes they do fight over toys and get upset at times, but 90% of the time, they are super awesome together!

It blesses me to watch them play 


 

and now that we have another little sister in the house, my cup is running OVER!
I am in love with the fact that she is always holding Olive's hand like this :)


I am really looking forward to watching this duo turn into a trio!! 

They are so incredibly smitten with her already!



 It's neat to see Olive in the big girl's hammy downs
 This dress has gotten a lot of loving! The colors are so cool to me
(Neela on the left, Olive on the right)



The girls do gotta get past Titey, he's pretty protective over her! btw, brothers are the bomb too!




I love allll my sisters and I love that my girls have sisters!  We are getting so excited about the next season in our lives, ADOPTION!  And are totally open to any gender so we may be getting more sisters!!!!! Who knows? ;)






Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Love this post Crissy! My sister Michelle and I were only a year apart, and we have always been BEST friends! But then we had sweet Emily seven years later and now she and I hang out several times a week. We are BEST friends too! There is nothing that compares to a sister!

    I'm like you, I would love to have a girl for our next baby, but I think I want it to be a boy more so Landon can have a BEST friend! And...we'll have to stay in touch because after we have our second baby, our plan is to foster/adopt.(I think you and I have talked about this before). We'll have to share our journeys with one another. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so cool, so are ya'll planning to adopt through the foster care system?

      Delete
    2. Yeah....I think we may foster first. That always seems to weigh so heavily on our hearts, especially because between the two of us we have worked with elementary, middle, and high school age children--so we feel pretty comfortable with any age that needs a stable, loving family. Then we figure if it leads to adoption then we would be very happy with that.

      What is your plan?

      Delete
    3. We really are not to sure yet. We're open to foster, or private, or international (orphanage). We are praying and waiting on the Lord :)

      Delete
  2. YAY for making the sisters post!!!! ;) that picture is from 5 YEARS ago...can you believe it's been that long?!?! Gah I miss looking that good!!!!

    I ADORE the picture of Olive with the striped dress on. That's the CUTEST pic of her yet!!!

    It's ironic you wrote this b/c i have some stuff to fill you in on...let's just say i am PRAYING that Britt gets a sister :)

    ReplyDelete