Monday, December 5, 2011

Tree Farm

Even though we did not get a tree this year from the tree farm (we used a fake one, which you can read about why we did a fake one this year here).  We still wanted the experience of going out to the tree farm to see all the different types/sizes of trees, take pics (of course, haha), and see all the animals.  
The light looked so pretty out, and all the Christmas trees in the background made for a pretty scenery :)
I wanted to play around with Lightroom with these pics, normally I just use Picasa, but I guess I had a wild hair in me :) :)

First off a picture of Stevie Joy (she still had her church clothes on from this morning, I think this is my favorite Christmas dress of hers, I love it!)


Titus took a minute to wake up :)


I love us in our little Christmas plaid :)

Neela Grace exploring the place,,,she was mostly just ready to see some animals the whole time though, haha, what's trees when you could be visiting the animals!!




Such a cute pic of her!!







Titus enjoyed petting all the trees ;)

I love when they hold hands while they walk,,I love it EVEN more when I can capture it on film :)


Currently, my new fav pic of him!!!! 16 months is an exhausting age, but boy are they cute at this age!!






Had to get a picture of me with Rocket :)
*side story, Seth was asking Stevie today why she is so excited about Christmas and she surprised me and said, "Because then after Christmas, Baby Rocket is coming, I am so excited to meet her!"


My sweetie (also, sporting Christmas plaid) :)


The trees didn't last long,,,and then we were onto the animals....



so cute, they were so interested in the little sheep and goats



"hi!"



Neela was most in love, she really has a heart for animals,,,Seth woke her up from her nap and she did NOT want to get out of bed, but the moment he mentioned that she would see some sheep, she jumped right up and did not quit talking about the seeing the sheep until she did :)  Which is why the tree browsing did not last very long,,I guess the title to this post should be "animal farm" ha!


There was lots of pretty cotton near the animals so we let the kids explore the cotton field too while we were out there






I can see a *tiny *tiny bit of me in him here!!


We had a lot of fun out at the farm even though we didn't get a tree.
I thought that it would be fun to put a few pics from last year at the tree farm since I didn't blog this time last year,,we went with my parents to help them pick out a tree last year, here are some pics


My daddy holding Mr. Titus
 (apparently, it was much colder last year on this visit)


The girls in the wagon (Neela was our "runner" last year and had to be contained in a wagon)





This picture is so funny, Stevie Joy had in her head that we were going to see a pig out there when we told her that we were going to see the animals, so she would not even LOOK at the animals that were actually there, haha, my my how she has grown since last year :)


Next year we will have 4 kiddos running around out there, maybe we will buy a tree? I feel kinda bad going and not paying for a tree,,,it's like going to the pumpkin patch and not getting a pumpkin, I will need to think of something creative, maybe we can tag along with the Parkers??? ;)

4 comments:

  1. duh you can totally come with us ;) it's fun cutting one down! maybe you could even just do a little one so you wouldn't feel the guilt then put it in the kitchen or something and do your big fake one?!?! btw your kids are all SO photogenic! they look adorable in these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are SoOOoO BeauTiFUL!!! I especially like the ones in the cotton field
    :)
    Happy December!
    xoxoxoxo
    Cate~

    ReplyDelete