Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Shiver Visit

This past weekend we had a lot of fun visiting with our good friends, the Shivers.
They live up in Augusta, the trip up went pretty smooth :)
We left around 11 a.m, drove for about 2 hours, stopped for lunch, then kiddos napped for an hour or two, then watched a movie, then wa-la we were there, super smooth!



We got there around 4ish and we swam in their pool for a while, then came in for dinner and early bed times!

The next morning Olive and Titus were the first ones up, we enjoyed cuddling in bed with them while the rest of the house slept.
That boy loves his sissy!



I love her face, she is like, "ummm, they REALLY like me!" 



She is super good at sucking on her toes, so silly!


The rest of the house got up and we got all snazzied up for church


and played a little MEMORY!


and read a little Orphan Annie


                                         


played with Duke (the Shivers have two doggies, Duke and Riley)
You can guess that Neela Grace was in love!!



Since everyone was all dressed for church, we decided to snap a few pics of Uncle Luke and Aunt Megan with all their godchildren :)



I love Olive's little expression here ;)



When we arrived at their magnificently beautiful church, Megan Ann snapped a pic of our family for us me





Their church service was really nice and a great teaching!  The folks there are super friendly and the nursery staff rocked!  All the kiddos did so well in their classes.

After church we went home and laid the kids down for naps and chowed down on Moe's with some friends.

Then we all went swimming again.  Oh man, I would love a pool, it's pretty much too hot to do anything outside if you don't have a pool!

Aunt Megan brought out her doll house (that her and her dad built together, how cool!)
My girls loved playing with it and all the little dolls.  When they get a little bigger I would love to do something like this for a big Christmas gift.



I love this little couch, and the curtains are made out of a bandana



all my girls playing dolls, I am looking forward to many many years of this!!!



Seth took the girls to the evening church service to see Uncle Luke play guitar on stage and for the ice cream social, I stayed behind with Olive and Titus because they were both still so behind on their sleep and would be going to bed super early.

I loved the comforter so much on the guest bedroom bed, so while everyone was gone  I had a little photo shoot with Olive on the pretty comforter


Yep, I love her!!!




I came back to find Titus playing with the doll house too ;)


 

front view of the cool doll house

I was spotted and he tried to take the camera from me 
and please note: our wedding dvd is on in the back groud, the kids asked if we could bring it there too, haha, they LOVE this dvd so much!


That night was pretty chilled, Megan and I watched Soul Surfer (great movie!) while Seth and Luke played Zelda (barf!).

Monday morning was Titus's neurology appt (which went great, you can read it here) . The ride home was so much harder than the ride up!  Little Olive had such a hard time, I have never heard her cry so much or for so long in her whole life!!!  Bless her heart.  When we go back to Augusta, I am going to try to leave her here, that trip is just going to be even harder as she will be an older baby which are even harder to us!

It was such a fun trip!  We love our Shivers and are looking forward to seeing them again soon, they spoil us so much :)



















Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt, you can really see olives personality developing...we need to get her and britt a play date! I also loooove the doll house. I pray britt will have a sister someday!

    ReplyDelete