Monday, July 23, 2012

Learning Time in the New House

When we found out that we were moving to this new house, one of my favorite things was the sun room!
I really wanted to use this room for our learning/arts & crafts room.

It has been lovely!

Look how great Stevie Joy is writing her letters.  I could not be more proud of my first born.


Titus LOVES to draw/color/paint anything, he loves it and is surprisingly semi clean with it all
 (side note: he actually carries lots of first born traits, maybe because he is the first boy?)


Leaving Neela Grace to be my messiest kid thus far!

We usually do some structured learning time after breakfast
we have a character trait of the week
letter of the week
shape/color of the week

The kids love youtube and there are some great learning videos on there!
♫They love technology, but not as much me you see,,but they still love technology, always and forever ♫



We do a calendar time and make it more concrete/real life for them by the things we actually do everyday :)


putting on our armor for God by building character



We also have a Bible story that we read over breakfast and we sing our Bible songs and pray 
we have a little prayer card that we do, but also have spontaneous prayer a lot
I saw on a friend's page these fun ways to remember to pray for people/things 
(popsicle sticks), I want to do this starting next week


I like to do our structured learning at the beginning of the day, so that I make sure that we 
get in the important things (well, what's important to me and our family
then the rest of our morning we can do things like
playdough, dress up, baking, coloring, etc.
Kids learn through play so this time is just as learning to them,
however, I do like them having some structure to their day
I believe this will help them once official "schooling" starts up :)
I plan to homeschool them, and I want them to be use to sitting down
paying attention to me (it's not a choice) :)


I try to keep things age appropriate for all the kiddos, but they are all different ages, so sometimes, 
Titus ends up running around like this while I "work" with the girls on some things, hahahha
and that's okay, he is not expected to sit longer than 30 minutes (he is not even 2 yet)



We have some great kids, they really do play so well together!


reading books after lunch before naps


We typically run errands and go do fun things (park, friends' house, etc.) once Olive wakes up around 11
Olive still sleeps so much and prefers her bed
so lately we have been hosting lots of play dates here :)



I love teaching my kids and seeing them learn and grow at home with me.
It brings me a lot of joy and pleasure.
I will continue to do it as long as it best fits our family's needs .
We feel that it is pleasing unto the Lord and that makes us happy.
This may not last forever, who knows.
We are taking it one day at a time and are being guided by the Lord :)
Photobucket

1 comment: