Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving I

Really the biggest thing I am craving for Thanksgiving this year is a Pecan Pie!!  
They are my absolute favorite!!!  Seth hates pecans so I rarely get pecan pie, I cannot eat a whole by myself, well I *can* but shouldn't ;)
This year I took the kiddos out to my parents to pick up some pecans for the pie. 
*pics from phone, anyone wanna buy me a kick @ss phone that takes better pics???*

Titus was pretty happy and content as long as he was on my hip, ha! (bending/squatting to get pecans while pregnant, while holding a heavy toddler takes some skillz!)

 

He did enjoy picking up a *little bit, like for 2 minutes :)



 

It was windy, which is why her hair is so crazy!!  there were LOTS of dogs out there on the farm,,my parents' dogs and my cousins' dogs,,,Neela enjoyed chasing dogs more than picking pecans, ha!  When we left Stevie said, "man, papa has a lot of dogs!" I thought it was so cute that she thought that ALL those dogs were HIS!



Stevie took the whole thing very seriously, of course!  She loves to picking things (pinecones, picking strawberries, blueberries, etc.) We joke that she would love community service picking trash off the side of the road :-) 




 Yes, she IS wearing a Justin Bieber shirt, and yes, she does enjoy his music (so does Titus, more actually, lol)


Carrying our finished products back to the car, we got a lot,,thankfully my dad came down and helped a little (he was on his way back to work and happen to see us out there) and my sweet cousin, Tori, helped us out a bit,,my back was not too happy with me doing all that bending with Titus in my arms!




Our finished product,,now to shell them all and make the pie,,,,yum yum!


I guess pecan picking really wore the kids out, they all took super long naps, and since Seth got off early from work, we were able to relax and enjoy each others' company all afternoon, so nice!
After naps, we went to Chic-Fil-Play (as Stevie calls it) for dinner, and Hobby Lobby for some Christmas lights to put up on the outside of the house the day after Thanksgiving :-)
Also, we drove around to nearly EVERY store in Valdosta (that carries shoes) and I parked the car and sat with the kids while Seth went in looking for me some caramel-colored riding boots similar to these (not Coach, of course):

 I mentioned to Seth that I wanted some and described them to him and he was on a mission, I have such a sweet, romantic hubby! I am typically not a picky person when it comes to things, I mean I buy all my clothes from thrift stores and rarely ever look at the size, if it fits and I like it, I wear it, ha!  However, about these shoes I have a certain "idea" in mind of what I want.  Sadly, no luck in Valdosta :( We are checking online tonight, fingers crossed!
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we have SO much to be thankful for, God is so great to our family!!!!
Hope everyone enjoys their day tomorrow, I know we will :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment