Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ending the Holiday Break!

Each year of my life seems to be getting better and better, at this rate I am going to be one happy senior citizen, haha!  Thanksgiving break was the perfect combination of relaxing, going, cooking, eating, cuddling, decorating, etc.  We hated to see the break end, most of all we hated to see Seth go back to work all day long.  Sunday night we decided to do one last fun thing with the kiddos before heading back to reality.

After the kids got up from their naps, we headed to McDonalds for icecream (this particular McDonalds has a big play area that has the tables inside the playroom so the kids can play while pausing for icecream breaks, we love it!!).

Neela loves ice cream, and happily finished off everyone else's when they got up to play, haha


Stevie Joy did enjoy a lot of her ice cream too ;)


Playing!  

He goes up and down the slide the WHOLE time!! he loves it there!!

After playing for a while, we rode around and looked at Christmas lights, there is one house near there (which I *just* now figured out that a good friend of mine lives there) that has the lights that are timed with the music playing on your radio,,I still have no clue how this kind of thing works, but I think that it is sooo neat!


The kids were in awe!  We sat there for about 4 songs, which is kinda long for 3 toddlers,,,Titus kept pointing at the lights with his finger and saying "oooo", Stevie kept saying, "Oh my gosh, that is so cool, look at that my daddy, you like that?" haha, and Neela made up a silly little song that goes, "I wanna go home! I wanna go home!" haha, she is not a fan of Christmas lights and she actually for some reason finds them scary?  She's so crazy!  Here is a video of the house in action!

We rode around in Hahira for a little while looking at all the new lights our fellow neighbors had put up over the break.  We had so much fun!  I am not sure if it was the sugar high or what? but Seth and I could not quit laughing at the kids!!  They were being so funny, we were literally giddy they had us in tears,,,maybe we just caught the Christmas spirit? or maybe our kids really are that funny???  
I have to share a funny story, and I hope no one gets offended, but it was so funny to us, we turned down this road into a trailer park to see the lights in there and Stevie Joy shouted from the very back of the van,,,"NO! Don't go in here, Santa does NOT live in a trailer!"  bahaha, we were tickled (p.s. I lived in a trailer until I was a freshman in high school, so if I am not offended, then no one should be, haha!).

We had some fun family time, then headed back home, changed into pj's, read some books, cuddled, prayed and put the kids to bed.  Seth and I were not too far behind them (3rd trimester makes me tired, and I guess Seth has my sympathy pains). :-)


2 comments: