Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We have had a very awesome Thanksgiving break!  
Is it just me, or does it seem that every year gets better and better?
I mean at some point do people ever say, "Man, I liked last years better?" hahaha

Wednesday night we (meaning Seth) cooked a ham and two pies while I 
helped the girls work on their pilgrim and Indian outfits for Thanksgiving day.


He loves to cook, it's such a huge blessing!



They absolutely LOVED making these shirts!
They would (no lie) wake up from their sleep just to add a little more to their shirts, funniest thing!!




We had Thanksgiving lunch at Seth's Mimi's new house.
Seth's mom did most of the cooking and it was so so yummy!
AND, I was able to get a great picture of all of us with Seth's parents :)


Olive's first Thanksgiving :)
She ate literally half of MY plate! She loves to eat!!


we had a full house:

Mimi and Ms Mary Margaret


Our sweet Nanny


Susu and Wanda Maria (I love her name, I am a sucker or two names)


Catherine


Uncle Eric


Mamaw keeping the kiddos entertained ;)



the grub!


Willis is such a great helper with a HUGE heart!


Somehow we did not get a picture of Aunt Suzanne, Uncle Steve, Lili, nor Riki Lake (their new pup)??
But we loved having them all there too, Aunt Suzanne kept us all entertained with wonderful Papa Keith jokes, and Ricki Lake kept the kids (mostly Neela Grace) entertained outside :)

Speaking of Neela Grace, look how cuuuuute her little Indian shirt turned out!


Stevie Joy's rocking her pilgrim hat


It was a very yummy lunch, and we were all was so happy to be able to spend some time together.

We headed home for some NAP TIME!
Then headed over to my parents for supper.

It was crunk :)
They were able to functionally sit so many people, it was awesome!

This was our table, check out how much Seth ate:



Just kidding, the kids helped (some). :)

Miss Olive ate until her heart's content.
She grubbed out for real


Stevie insisted that I get lots of pictures of her (wonder where she could have gotten that from, hahaha) 
with her new Angry Bird shirt she got earlier that day.




She was in a silly mood.  I love it when she gets hyper like this, it's so fun!


The funniest part of the night, was when Titus dropped everything and ran up to my cousin's boyfriend (or is it her fiance? jk) Brad and shouted "MAMAW!!!"
He was so pumped!
And really convinced that this was Mamaw.
I guess because Brad's long, dark hair?
Either way, we kept it going for a while.
We would say, "Titus take this candy to Mamaw and she will open it for you."
And he would run up to Brad and get him to open it.  
It was hilarious.
Brad was such a great sport about it (or we wouldn't have kept it up) :)

This was the Mamaw imposter:


Our Thanksgiving feasts were wonderful!
We are so blessed with amazing family and friends.

After we got home and got the kids to bed Tiff and I went out Black Friday shopping at Wal-Mart.


When we first walked in, it was a bit crazy and intense, but it calmed down after a little while and really it wasn't that bad.  Growing up, my dad always took us Christmas shopping for my mom on Christmas Eve night with all the last minute shoppers, so I am kinda use to a mad house, hahaha.

We were able to get the bikes for the kids that we wanted, hollar!


We made it home by 10:00.

Seth and I wanted to play this hilarious prank on Zakk.
He can't stand blow ups in people's yard, so naturally.......



we had to set ours' up in his yard!
It was so fun!  I live to do fun, silly things like this with Seth!
We get all giddy and silly together, it's the greatest!!!
 



We are now officially in full swing for Christmas mode.
Decorating the house, blasting Christmas music.  We will probably take the kids to look at Christmas lights tomorrow night.  
It's a great time of year!!!!
 



1 comment:

  1. YES! every year does get better and better ;) That story about the fake memaw his hillllarious. I went black fri shopping for the first time ever too!! I didn't hit up walmart though, I heard it was INTENSE!

    ReplyDelete