Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankfulness






Our ham is in the oven and the pecan pies have just come out.
We are all tired from a fun filled family day (immediate family, well AND the Cumbess's *wink*).
So there is a sense of peace and rest in the house tonight.

I helped the girls make little Pilgrim and Indian outfits to wear tomorrow.
We talked a whole bunch this year about Thanksgiving history and what it means to us now.
They seemed to grasp the concept pretty well.
I taught them several thankfulness  verses and we did lots of fun little crafts.
I love kids, they are like little sponges, and it's SO exciting teaching them things!!

I asked the fam what they are all thankful for, and then compiled a little list.
Here is what we are all thankful for this year:

Seth:   new job, new house, healthy kids, healthy wife
Me:  new house, great family and friends, healthy kids, love
Stevie:  Mommy, yoo-hoo's, Daddy, family, Isaiah, Angry birds
Neela:  my new pet mouse that eats cheese, Tommy, baby kitties, Mommy
Titus:  Mamaw, Mommy, candy, feet
Olive:  "Da Da Da" lol, it's all she can say :)


Our little family has so much to be thankful for this year.
The Lord has blessed us abundantly and we are truly RICH!!!!

Tomorrow is going to be so awesome!
I am looking forward to a day of good eating, family, and laughter!




1 comment:

  1. It's good that Olive said "dada" so seth wasn't left out!

    I truly wish I had your natural gift of teaching. You are doing such a great job with teaching them so much every day. I'm proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete