Sunday, August 12, 2012

Olive Hope 6 Months

Half a year old!  
I am so proud of our little babe!
She really is such a great baby (or four kids later, we are soooo chilled and don't notice if she is tough, hahaha)!



I love this one of her


super sweet pic of her


her daddy makes this face a lot :)


A 6 month recap in pics:

 

OMGosh, I love this little girl! In my eyes, she still can do no wrong!  :)

Seth gave her her first baby food the other Friday while I was at work.  
She loved it so much. So much in fact, that she may have been starving before, jk.
But, really she does tear that food up.  I wanted to wait a little while longer before giving her food
but it makes things so much easier for Seth when he keeps her while I work.
I typically, give my babies whatever we are eating but in ways they can eat, but this girl has a very short gag reflex and she makes me kinda nervous (after seeing some of Titus's spells I am not quite as laid back about things as I use to be when it comes to "scares" with my babes).  So for now we are doing baby food and she just sits in my lap and faces me, ha, what do we even have a high chair for, lol.



She is still not completely sitting up on her own yet.  I am not really concerned about it, but I do probably need to quit holding her so much, hahaha.  I can't even think of a time that she is not in my arms while awake,,,oops, guess she's spoiled :)  She probably needs to be practicing this more. Notice earlier that she even sits in my lap as I feel her baby food.  A big reason that I hold her so much is 1) she sleeps soooo much that when she is awake I feel like she needs touch and to be held and 2) it's safer for her, I can't trust Titus like I could the girls having a small baby around

Also, she is just like my other babies in that she does not really let anyone else hold her very much.  Especially if I am around.  She will smile and light up a whole lot when people talk to her, but she prefers to talk to them and smile at them from mommy's arms ;)
I really would not even know what to do with a baby that was NOT a Mama's baby, lol.

This 6 months has been so great with my Ollie!  
We are all so in love and so smitten over our little baby. 
I want to adopt a little baby so bad when we do adopt, but a large part of me just always wants Olive to be the "baby" of the family.
So, we'll just have to wait and see, what God will have us do when the time is right :)

Happy Half Year Olive Hope Megow, We love you!!!

1 comment: