Monday, June 25, 2012

Fire Station Visit

This past week I took the kids to the local fire station for a visit.
I met up with my friend Emily as we have been going together for the past couple of years.
It was a lot of fun, and they learned so much!
The firefighters do such a wonderful job of explaining things to them on their level.
I picked up Sam to come along with us because I knew he would love it (and he did!)...
5 year old boy and fire stations just ~go~ together :)

Pics from the trip: 


group shot of all the kids (minus the babies)


Neela and Titus are paying great attention, ha!

listening closely to the instructor :)

love this one (doing what we do best, take pics, hee hee)

now, she's paying attention ;)

my crew

.....and Olive

Sam volunteered to wear the fire man suit

how cute is this!?

my model ;)

ha! I think she was just ready for some Chic Fil A ;)

wrangling Titus in!

Fire man Justin (who p.s. is also a paramedic and we know him all to well with Mr. Titus)
showing the kids how he looks with all his gear on 
he emphasized to the kids that he's not scary and that if they are ever in a dangerous situation that they should come to the firefighter in the house and that they are there to help!

Kye was so incredibly sweet with Brittlynn, he laid right next to her all cuddly like :)


practicing what to do if there is ever a fire

too cool for school!

I told her to let me take her picture next to the fire truck and this is how she posed:
hahaha


he was so fun!

group shot!!!!!

spraying the hose



she didn't want her had to blow off (it was windy that day, it felt sooo nice out)

Ems with B ;)
(and as you can see in the background our car is still "Beach Bound")

Miss Olive, hanging in there, she was so good!

Fireman Justin shooting off the BIG hose!


impressed?!?

crawling up inside the big truck to explore :)


my girls


It made my heart so happy how much Sam enjoyed himself
actually when I asked him the day before if he wanted to come with me to the fire station he responded, "Oh YES! I have been praying to go to a fire station ever since I saw it on Caliou!" so funny!!

back home after lunch, the kiddos enjoyed digging through their fire station goody bag (color pages, stickers, tattoos, etc.)  before nap (wait, what's nap, hahaha)

It was a lot of fun and a pretty successful trip with 5 under 5 :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment