Monday, June 18, 2012

Beach Shawty!

We were blessed with such a great beach trip this year!

I decorated our mini-van's windows with some glass chalk to get everyone so pumped for the trip (the trip down is half the fun, right? haha) This "beach shawty" turned into lots of songs (made up by Seth by sung by the whole family)


We made it down in about 3 hours.
I love our family because we drove straight to the beach, ha, we didn't want to waste any time


The kids LOVED the beach so much! Neela probably enjoyed it the absolute most!! It was so neat that we were all together and that we get to all experience these things together as a family!



Poor Titus, started coughing super duper bad on the way down there so we decided that we felt like he had bronchitis and that he needed some antibiotics.  We didn't want to end the trip and go all the way home because he was sick, but we didn't feel like we could enjoy ourselves knowing that buddy was sick.  We ended up taking him to a local doctor's office down there and we are so "pro parents" he did in fact have bronchitis :( The doc said we didn't need to go home and that with the meds he should be better in about 30 hours :)  Also, a neat thing about this doc was that he KNEW his stuff, he looked at Titus and was doing a little work up on him (looking in his mouth, etc.) and he said, "He's a breath holder isn't he?" Wow! This doc is good!!

While it was sad that buddy was sick, it was kinda a nice little "break" for the adults because Titus was pretty calm and chill which is not ordinary for him, ha! 
*he's so sweet holding his "Nee Nee" hand (he calls her Nee Nee for some reason)


Chilling with mommy on the quilt
 

My big girl playing on the beach


 He was more chilled, but still a little whiney :-/
P.S. Seth is wanting me to cut his locks because he says he looks like a girl to much, I am refusing to even consider it til after his birthday and even then it will still be on the longer side


Seth enjoying the water with the kids
 


Adult drinks ;)


and the teething begins...


Stevie Joy took her sand castle building pretty serious :)


and Neela turned a seashell into a cup and used it to drink the water, ha, she's a nut!


My boys!


Me with Olive Hope, who by the way was so so so great at the beach!  She either laid on the quilt watching everyone play or sat in my arms a bit or sat in the stroller for a little while, I don't remember hearing her fuss once! We stayed out there for a good 2-3 hours at a time and she just happily played and nursed ;)
She rarely sleeps when we are out and about (she doesn't want to miss anything, hahaha)


Our beach spread 
quilt
cooler
snacks
sand toys
sunscreen
diaper bag
tent (I thought Olive *may nap in there)


we didn't take a whole lot of pics at the beach because 1-I didn't want to mess up my camera with sand and water and 2-sometimes it is just easier to play with the kiddos rather than worrying about a whole bunch of pics :)

So a lot of our vacay pics are in the condo

Most nights we took bubble baths in the HUGE tub, pulled out the fold out couch, popped popcorn, and watched movies, I love the kids being young although Seth and I have to physically do pretty much everything for them, they are pretty darn easy to impress as far as entertainment goes!


We did catch a little bit of rain one day while we were down there, but it was no biggie, it's always kinda cool when it rains at least one day on vacay because it sorta forces you to s-l-o-w down and actually sit around a bit


I put a hair wrap in the girls' hair while waiting out the rain


Stevie Joy wanted her hair wrap to be done in Angry Bird colors


Neela Grace wanted pink, pink, and more pink, I talked her into a little bit of "Cinderella blue" :)


praying before our meal (I love how serious that boy is about his praying!) you should see him when he's worshiping ;)


cutie patootie!  


Seth cooked some shrimp and grits (it's tradition when we're at the beach, we GOTTA eat shrimp n grits)


and brownies for dessert


We enjoyed the pool a whole bunch too while we were at the resort


This next picture makes me laugh so hard, Neela is so funny, she has sooo many floatation devices, it's kinda counterproductive!  


Olive loved the pool too, she really is such a happy little girl, she blesses our little family so much with her little smile :)





Titus's cool trick he picked up (please note: the time on the watch is before 8:00 a.m. and we are all up and at 'em!) ha!

 

We had a great time and enjoyed lots and lots of things which included: 
put put on the resort
beach daily
pool daily
playing
big dinners
lots of desserts
secret beaches
nature walks
parks
just being together was the best part, my super awesome hubby works so hard at work, for church, for extended family and for his immediate family, quality time with him is the best!

On the last day we took the kids to this really pretty playground before going to Golden Corral for dinner (it's our "Royal Buffet" away from home)

The playground is so so pretty with these amazing trees


Stevie Joy playing "telephone" with me and Neena and me



Me showing off my sweet skillz to the kids, I also did flips and hung from the monkey bars by my knees (they think I am amazing, hahaha)


this little umbrella stroller (that I found for free on the side of the road) came in handy on this trip




We had a nice meal at GC and then headed home.  The kiddos slept pretty much the whole way back then went back to sleep once we got home, so the car trip was pretty smooth (impressive with 4 babies).
We were super blessed to be able to go out of town and get away for a little bit.  I love the beach so much, and would totally love to live on a beach, and I love that my kiddos love it so much too!!!

The next day when we did sorta a "beach recap" I asked all the family what their favorite part of the trip was:
Seth: "pigging out at GC"
Stevie:  "that we all slept together in that BIG bed!" (one night we ALL slept in the same room for fun)
Neela:  "I just wanna go to the beach now again!"
Titus:  "Mamaw Mamaw!" ugh, that boy ;)
Olive: she just smiles and cooos and looks longly into my eyes!
Me:  "the secret beach that we found"
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love your family! Y'all have such fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys had a great time! I love seeing how you parent Crissy! Thankful for good family time. Roger and I have been to the beach once with the kids and everytime I we talk about our favorite thing we've ever done together it was our beach trip several years ago. I'm sure we'll look back on these baby days and think how in the WORLD did we ever do it!! You guys are doing a great job!! Certainly encouraging for other families of multiple children!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete