Tuesday, May 22, 2012

R.I.P Grey Grey


Well our little Grey Grey didn't make it.  It was pretty sad.  The other morning I woke up and went to check on him/her (not sure how to tell the sex on kitties too well) and again the kitty wasn't thriving :(  I called my father in law to see how to handle it.  I didn't want the kitty to keep suffering, but I still didn't want to lose HOPE!  We had claimed a healing over this little baby kitty and I was ready!!

When things started to look even worse, I knew that the *best* thing for this little baby was to go.  I had come to terms with it, but the kitty was still breathing!  No one else was home that could come and put it out of its misery and I just simply didn't feel that I had it in me to do it.  I called my friend, Liz, and she helped a lot.  She actually shared a story with me about suffering that helped me feel that the decision to help the kitty go on was the right choice. 

So I prayed and prayed a few more times that he/she would just go ahead and pass,,,and guess what?  The kitty did.  I was so relieved, it just peacefully drifted off to sleep.

I thought the kids would be really upset, but they really were not.  In fact they were asking great questions and saying wonderful things.  Well, Stevie Joy and Neela were,,,Titus was chasing after Lulu (the outside dog) and begging for pops!!!  Neela was doing pretty well, she kept wanted to hold the little shoe box, she is the one who picked the flowers for the kitty kitty's box, and she sang for the kitty.
Here are a few things SJ said:

Stevie:  "It's okay Yucky, you still have 4 kitties here with you, it will be fine, don't be sad!"

Stevie:  "Mommy, if the kitty is going to Heaven to live with Jesus, then does that mean that Jesus is going to come out of my heart? I don't want Him to?"  I explained to her the spiritual realm

when looking at some pics of Grey Grey on the computer Stevie saw a picture of the kitty and said,
"Oh good Mama, Grey Grey is not hurt anymore now, he was hurt but now he is so happy!"

Wow, just hearing her ask these questions and say these comments makes me so HUNGRY!  I want to dig deeper and learn more and more and more, to pass these things on to our kiddos!  I want to be still and rest in Him and be even more equipped to teach them and sharpen them :)

Grey Grey is buried out in our little orchard with all the little animal friends' bodies that my hubby grew up with.  We put flowers and rocks, said a little prayer,  and sang a little song.  Our hearts and minds are content and happy.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story Crissy! I love all of Stevie's questions.

    ReplyDelete