Friday, May 18, 2012

Moving Recap

Our moving recap (and to help me get caught up here):

packing up from the old house (the kids were such a big help, ha!)


helping clean:
(and yes, that is a huge pile of clean laundry that needs to be folded and put away, we were semi tempted to just pack it up like that, but we folded it and put it away first, I guess we don't get the "slacker of the year" trophy after all ;)


While packing up, we had an ice cream sundae party on the last night at our Stanfill house, my papa was a huge ice cream sundae fan, so we wanted to do it in honor of him :)


chunkey monkey



group shot at the ice cream party!




Liz could not have picked a busier time in my life to have her birthday party, haha
I wouldn't have missed it for the world, I love my LIZ!!!


We should be packing, but Olive and I are at Olive Garden partying it up with friends for Liz's bday
 

I love this pic, check out the creepy in the middle down below, hahaha, and my cup says "Nicole" oooops, hope she doesn't have "cooties" :)
 

And back to packing.....
Doesn't he look so thrilled!?!


and then the bad news set in,,the moving crew cancelled!  so we had to move the house on our own and we don't even own a truck!  Time to lean on some friends, family, and church family!

This was pretty much our packing job, pretty organized huh? yeah right!


Thankfully, Seth's parents who had hired the moving crew offered to pay who ever else we found to help us move, it was such a huge huge help!!!

The kids were pretty much in everyone's way and the house was chaotic enough, so we decided that the best thing to do would be to go ahead and unload the kids and set up beds at the new house and I would stay there with them and start unpacking while Seth helped with the moving crew taking loads back and forth
 

Taking a much needed Olive break!  He loves that baby :)
He was still healing from his vasectomy, so I tried to make him sit as often as possible, but it was still kinda tough because there was literally sooo much to be done (it makes me feel super bad about going to the bday party, but really seth kinda made me, he loves to make me happy and it really did mean a lot to me to go)


first load:
Neela: "Oh here are my things!" ;)
 

first meal at the new hizzy:  vienna sausage and some chippies :)


we set up the kids area first, (we pretty much always do), because 1-we think it's fun and 2-this will keep them entertained and in one area so that we can continue unpacking and organizing


Seth was able to help the moving crew and get the things in 2 trips!  then he had to go and clean the old house (major task!)  A friend of ours went by to look at how clean Seth got our old house and he said, and I quote, "Man, Seth had to have gotten a woman to come and help, cuz can't no man clean THAT good!" hahaha.  
This was a pretty stressful move, but at the same time we also felt a lot of peace, because we knew we were doing the right thing and we could feel God's hand upon it!  That always helps any transition :)  Also, our level of respect for each other grew!  We are both pretty hard workers and really make a great team!  I am very proud to be his wife, he really is a great great husband, provider, leader, and friend!

The following week Seth went back to work and I s-l-o-w-l-y unpacked the house the best I could with 4 munchkins running around :)
I even somehow managed to remember that this little cutie turned 3 months old during the move so I snapped some pics:


her brother and sissies wanted to get in on the action, doesn't Neela look so "into it" 
 

I try to do most of the unpacking while the kids are napping, because when I try to unpack while Titus is awake here is what the situation looks like:
one box unpacked vs. 20 month old finding the cinnamon, then I spend like 20 minutes cleaning that up


cinnamon everywhere!


That boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Now that we have settled in a bit more, things are starting to calm down.  This house definitely has a spirit of rest that comes with it.  There is something very special about living in a house that has been prayed over for many many years!  I feel very blessed to be able to live here.  Who knows how long we will be here.  I do know that we are not looking forward to moving any time soon, haha, Seth even said, "Man, I hope we just DIE HERE!" :)  He says he never wants to move again, lol, I said, "Well, maybe Jesus will just go ahead and come back so we don't have to." :)
Truthfully, we will be obedient to the Lord and will go where ever when ever He calls us to!  It's an exciting thing to lean completely upon the Lord and His calling!  It's also an exciting thing to be married to someone who is just as understanding and radical about that sort of thing!

Oh and another awesome thing, is that Titus has not had one single spell/seizure whatever you want to call them since we moved!  HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!  We pray and believe that this is going to continue to be his streak from here on out!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear about Titus! I am also glad you guys have a blessed place to be, you are so deserving of it. Love and many blessings

    ReplyDelete