Thursday, August 8, 2013

1st Day of School


Well my big girls have started school!
I had a lot of different routes of "schooling" that we could do.
And out of ALL my "mommy decisions", the school decision was my hardest one to date!

In the end we decided to use the public school across the street from our house.
The girls LOVE IT so far!
Here are some pics from their first morning.




a pic with Daddy!
who btw is waaay more of a "morning person" than I :)
 

True story: I have not had to be up this early in the morning for 5.5 years!
I train my babies/kids to sleep in hahaha.
 
 

Seth drops the girls off at the bus stop with my Aunt and cousins on his way to work (it's like less than a minute from our house, but our house is zoned for "walkers").
 



This was their most exciting part,,,the school bus!!
 

It's a brand new bus with air conditioning and they are only on it for like 4 minutes.
 

Maybe next year I will let them walk since we live so close, but I wasn't too comfortable with the walking route this year. I mean Neela is a 4 year old!!! And it's a lot of work getting Olive and Titus up and ready too for me to walk with them. So for now this option is perfect for our family :)

I love their teachers and their school so much already!!
I feel confident that we asked God for the right option for us and He provided!!
We couldn't be happier.

P.S. Now that the girls are in school, I {hope} to have more time to blog fun stuff about our lives!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your house location! I want to teach at HES soooo bad, like that is my #1 pick, but it is so hard to get a job there because no one ever wants to leave! How fun that the kids get to ride with their cousins and aren't on it forever. I grew up in the country in North Ga, and all we had were dirt roads. I was always the first pick up and last drop off...like I was on the bus for over an hour each trip. I hated it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great school Crissy! I taught at HES my first year before we moved to Athens, and it was just wonderful! I know your girls will just love being in school! Are they in the same class?

    ReplyDelete