Thursday, October 18, 2012

Who Am I

I saw this on a friend's page the other day and thought I would try it out too because it looked fun, and a nice way to reflect, and to give me something different to write about than what I normally do :)

It's a bunch of questions all about yours truly :)

Who Am I:

My Life Priorities:
1-God 2-Seth 3-kids 4-extended family 5-friends 6-church family 7-career 8-a shower (kidding,,,kinda)

Hobbies:
Playing with my kids, hanging with Seth (can't get enough time for that), sewing, serving others any way I can!, blogging, taking pics of our life together, partying

Religion:
I love JESUS! I am completely sold out for Him and enjoy telling the good news whenever possible!  I believe in miracles, signs and wonders, and that He loves us so much!!!!!  I feel that it is more of a "relationship" than a "religion".  Loving Jesus is Loving His people!

Political Affiliation:
I don't have much of a dog in this fight!  I have chosen to be ignorant most of my life.  However, I have recently been watching the debate with my Mimi.  It's interesting to say the least.  Truthfully, I don't really like either one running.  Haha, plus I know that no matter whom is President, Jesus is still King!
I do realize my importance to vote and to gain wisdom and knowledge in this area, soooo I'm working on it!

Coffee:
yes, please!  I love coffee!  So does Seth, on weekends, we set up little "coffee dates" in the mornings after breakfast while the kids clean the house for us run around a play. :)  
If you ask Seth, I have about half a cup of coffee and half a cup of creamer, hahaha,,,I do like my coffee light :)

Breakfast:
Usually, turkey bacon and coffee.  Sometimes, I make a whole breakfast sandwich with two pieces of whole wheat bread, one egg (cooked in the microwave, I am for sure the laziest person EVER when it comes to cooking).  *Occassionally I have some oatmeal (mostly only when I am nursing though) to increase my milk supply. 

Lunch:
Normally, whatever the kids are eating (PB&J), often I make myself a turkey n lettuce wrap, or some veggie soup, nothing fancy

Vices:
I am a "rusher", I am really rushed to do things most of the time, it's just my natural way of being, I talk fast, clean fast, walk fast, everything I do is pretty rushed and fast,,,I have to fight against it,,,I try really hard to stop and smell the roses, Seth is a great compliment to me in this area (Heck, he is stopping to smell the roses, make a bouquet of roses, and even plant more!) :)
I also struggle with comparison.  I tend to compare A LOT! Especially, when I started having kids!  I work on this daily.
AND, I am a big 'ol packrat!!!

Appearance:
Hmmmm,,,I consider myself to be fairly stylish, but comfortable.  I love to shop! Love it!
Thankfully for me (and my hubby), I really enjoy shopping at yard sales, thrift stores, etc.  I like all things vintage, so my clothes tend to be vintage.
I don't wear make up everyday, not even every week.  I feel like I look better without it. So it would be a waste of time and money for me to wear it.  I see nothing at all wrong with make up (I'm not holiness or anything, haha), I just think with my skin/style I look best without it.  Sometimes for special occasions I will wear some, and it's fun, pretty, and different.  :)
I wash my hair about twice a week and curl it about twice a week too.  I wear it straight the first day or two, then curl it with my straightener to wear it wavy for the next couple of days.


Sleep:
I am one of the heaviest sleepers you will ever meet, ever!  I can and have slept through a tornado.  It's amazing the things that can go on while I am sleeping and I never know until the next day.  
However, I can't nap during the day.  I wish I could.  I have time to nap (my kids all nap at the same time), I just literally cannot fall asleep during the day for some reason?  So at night, I am pretty pooped (4 small kiddos at home with you all day can do that to ya).  I go to bed normally around 11:00, but that's mostly because my husband is a night owl and he comes alive at night and I love hanging with him!!
Do I work out:
 never.  I should though.  I love riding my bike, and I plan to pick that back up once we move back into the city.  I love riding my bike all around Hahira :)  
I run around with the kids all day though (trampoline, walks, chase, dancing, etc.), so I do tend to stay pretty active.

What keeps my sanity:
 Brownies, haha.  The best way to keep me sane is some one on one time with Seth.  It always helps, he is much more calm than me, so he just naturally levels me out.  God knew what He was doing putting us two together.
Venting.  I also, vent a lot through the day via facebook, text, and phone calls to my LIZ!!!! 

Music:
  I am a radio kind of girl.  I don't own any cd's.  I just listen to whatever is on the radio and it keeps me happy.  I have all my settings set to a different genre.
1-Christian 2-Classic (70's) 3-country 4-pop 5-rap
I like to mix it up a lot, because I like all the genres and I get tired of just one genre for too long.  It's mostly on Christian though, because that's what gets my Spirit the MOST PUMPED!!! :)

Pet peeves:
 liars, nay-sayers, cynical people, fake people
I am seeing a trend here, most of my annoyances are with PEOPLE! haha, it's probably because people fascinate me more than objects so I can see how they can aggravate me more too :)

Car:
 We were super blessed with the Mini van that we have.  It's so so nice and we all love it so much.  We fit very comfortably in it.  When we need to get a new car, we will most likely get an 8 passenger van/suv or a 12 passenger van, so that we will have room for car pooling, friends/slumber parties, our family to grow, etc.

Saver or Spender?:
 Spender! for shizzle!
I spend wisely though, so that helps right.  Thankfully, I married a saver!!!

Some of my favorite simple things in life:
 sloppy wet kisses, snuggling, spooning, scarves, cute boots, coffee dates with Seth, kindness of strangers, 
pillow talks with my girls in the mornings, jeggings, baby animals, babies, ice cream, a quiet house, thrift stores, jamming out with Titus, new hair styles, and hilarious jokes!

All you ever wanted to know about me.  I think it will be neat to go back and look at this in a few years and see what has changed, and what not.  My perspective on things now vs. then.

Hope everyone is having a great day, we are looking forward to our last weekend here at the 
Megow farm!  We will be celebrating Mimi's birthday this weekend.





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I like how you referred to moving back to Hahira as the city:) However, it kinda is the city in comparison to the farm. Miss you friend. I am thankful to have known you for an entire decade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun this weekend and enjoy the farm for the last time! so excited for your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete