Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Papa!!

This morning was my daddy's birthday.  I love love love my daddy.  Many people do not know this, but my dad raised me by himself until he married my mom (stepmom really, but I never call her that or consider her a stepmom) when I was four years old.  So we have a special bond :)
 During Titus's morning nap the girls and I worked to prepare him a special lunch and dessert to show him how much he means to us :)

The creative minds behind the party decor :)

 Me with Rocket 23 weeks :)


adding her special touch to our "birthday sign"


she knows how to pose for a picture, love that finger in her nose, hahaha

Icing the cake (they helped in every step, picking out the cake, mixing it (eating batter, ha) baking it, icing, sprinkles, allllll the steps)

"P" for Papa!

what's a party without random streamers

We got him a Royal Buffet gift certificate b/c it's his FAVORITE place to eat (the fruit did not fall far from the tree, it's my absolute fav too!!!) and we got him a big thing of duct tape with flames on it for his ankles, he wraps them before playing basketball on Monday nights (thanks mom for the gift tip)

Yay, he's here!!  The girls were sooo excited when he arrived, they were squealing with delight and jumping up and down!  Stevie saying, "yay, he's here, Papa's here, let's party!" and Neela saying, "okay, let's eat the cake now!!"  Titus ran right up to him and gave him a big hug with the pats on the back and all, brother knows how to make you feel loved :)
We ate pizza then tore into the cake!  I was pretty impressed with the cake, I thought it turned out delish!!  could be that I am pregnant and everything is super yummy?
We had a great time!!  The girls were so sweet with their Papa, (made me kinda miss my Papa).  Neela sat in his lap reading books after cake and Stevie put on many shows for him with her little doggy toys.  Titus was rather quiet for some reason??, probably b/c he had Pizza and Cake, he needed no more, he was happy and content.
We love you Papa, and are very thankful for you and your birth!!!

2 comments:

  1. aw yay for steve! i'll bet he loved it!!! ;) that cake looks AWESOME btw!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't know Steve's birthday was today! Mine is too! It's so sweet what you did for your dad!

    ReplyDelete