Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BIRDS

Since my last post was kinda vain, this one will be much more "nature-y", ha!

We have some baby birds that just hatched,,,a mommy bird built her nest under our carport and every day Seth and I check on them to see if they have hatched yet,,,what can I say, we love babies :)  Well they finally did hatch and they are soooo stinkin' cute!!


  Aren't they so cool looking, almost not even REAL!! 
Mommies and their babies and how they take care of/feed them has always fascinated me, so of course this is chalking right up there with some interesting stuff for me.  The mommy rarely ever sits in the nest with the babies but she is ALWAYS close by.  She sits on the power line and goes to feed them about every hour.  The birds make no noise at all until they are hungry (and the noise they make is so cute!) I need to get a video of it.  It doesn't last long and the mommy goes and brings them some food.  I wish they could stay forever, but I know they won't.  I am a lover for all "baby animals",,probably even a baby snake!  But I do not really like grown up animals,,,much like with humans, j.k.
I am enjoying sharing my house and raising my "children" together with this little mommy bird, although I think her job is a little easier than mine, but then again I am not eating my food and then spitting in my kiddos mouth YUCKY!
I will leave off with a picture of one of my sweet babies, this is what she likes to do when I am trying to "escape" HER and get on the computer, lol!  But who can resist this sweet little smile,,,so I let her sit and waller allllll over me!!


1 comment:

  1. i want to come see those birds! how fun to get to watch them grow up...maybe you'll get lucky and they will eat that mouse for you from your car :)

    ReplyDelete