Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Reason # 919 Why Stevie is Cooler than Me!!

After the cops came by and left us a ticket citation stating that if we did not cut our grass within 5-7 days that we would have to go to court and pay a fine, we decided that it *might be about time to do something about our yard, lol!!!
So this morning while the girls played I started picking up all the sticks, pinecones, etc. 

Check out this super cute bathing suit I got at a kids' consignment sale:



I love reflection pics :)


 Stevie Joy decided after a bit of swinging that she would help me, rather than play.  I figured this would not last long, but I enjoyed the help while it lasted.  Much to my surprise she helped me for a LONG time (we have a huge backyard!). 
 She was rocking her Justin Beiber shirt while helping mommy in the yard,,ha!
 What I was the most impressed by was how determined this child was to pick up all the sticks and pinecones.  I would tell her, "Good Job, Stevie!" and she would smile and respond back, "Good Job to YOU, Mommy!".  I am a *bit of a pushover and like having fun, so the daunting task of picking up the whole yard was obviously much harder on me than her!!  After a while when we were almost through, I told her that we were just about done and that she could go and play if she wanted,,,but she just kept on piling up the pinecones into the little wagon and saying, "we can do this mommy, almost done!"..."I found some more, mommy!"  Even when I went to grab the camera and check on Titus, I came back outside to find her STILL steadily picking up the pinecones and sticks!!  This child was determined! 
It made my heart very happy that she has such a strong work ethic already and that she was determined to finish what she started :) 
And this is Reason # 919 Why Stevie is Cooler than Me!!  She stuck with it and saw the task to the end and it was such a proud little mommy moment.



 

2 comments:

  1. stevie has SUCH a great attention span...it really is wonderful to see how focused she is on a task! she'll be a great student for sure :) also i can't BELIEVE you got in trouble for your yard....I think it's FINE. Seriously. Hahira is worse than our butt-hole neighborhood!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the GIGANTIC weeds you got in trouble for?!?! I'm glad your blogging :) I found Emily's blog through you and Robin and I LOVE IT! I can't wait until I'm pregnant b/c I have so many great tips from reading your tidbits on fb and her blog :)

    ReplyDelete